Saturday 25 June 2011

It's Winter Time

I am sitting in my living room as I make this post.  Sydney and Joshua are playing together, Sydney is the school teacher and Joshua the student..

Last night we took our youth group - THE VICTORY CHAMPS into Windhoek (70kms one way) to be part of a youth fellowship night.  The ministry team - Latreou- performed dance and drama to communicate the message of total commitment to Christ and the youth Pastor brought a message encouraging the young people to come to Christ and to really get to know who they are in Him.

On the way home, Joshua decided he wanted to sit on my lap and drive the Kombi.. I put him on my lap and after about 15 mins I noticed he was silent- yep he had fallen asleep.. We arrived home at about 10:30pm and man was it cold..

Today I will be attending a funeral service for an infant who died after succumbing to a rather virulent viral infection.  The dad and mum are believers and whilst they are strong in the knowledge that their son is in the presence of the Lord their hearts are still broken and their grief very deep.  I have seen how other believers have rallied to their support and it has made me once again see the value and joy of being part of the body of Christ.

Every two or three months I get together with some folk here in Okahandja and host a praise and worship concert.. this afternoon we have a scheduled practice for the next concert on the 10th July..  This time we are hosting the concert in the nearby high density area called Nau Aib..

Each morning as I take the children to school, Sydney and Joshua have a fun time looking at their breath as it condenses in the cold morning air.. Yes it is Winter time and this year it has been much colder than in previous years.. I usually revel in the cold weather, but this year I have had a few days of really feeling the cold and looking forward to summer.. maybe it is also old age ??

No comments: