Monday 6 December 2010

Summer Camp

It was my privilege to be a guest speaker at Youth For Christ's end of year camp 'SUMMER CAMP' in 1998, 2000 & 2002..  We then moved to Namibia in January 2006.. Last year I was invited to speak at SUMMER CAMP and was so very blessed because not only was I a guest speaker but my daughter was amongst the almost 300 young people who turned out for this event...

Last night I spoke again at SUMMER CAMP - It was so exciting to walk into the Tabernacle and watch the excited and energetic young people coming in..Music played loudly and excited young face could be seen all around the meeting place.. On the Video screen was a slideshow of pictures taken through the day - What a fun I had as I watched young people's faces light up when they saw themselves on the screen..  Faye and I were just so at home amongst the youth.. We love this kind of ministry and are grateful to God and to YFC for the opportunity to be part of an event that will change the lives of these young people..

Yes, Larnelle is once again a camper and she was quite an active ambassador for Summer Camp this year.  She invited several of her friends and I am happy to say a few of them signed up for the event..  Larnelle is part of the Victory Dance Team and they were featured as part of the opening night programme, which I am told went very well..

We are praying for God to work some long term change in SUMMER CAMPERS and dare to believe this will have a positive impact on the youth of this beautiful nation.

No comments: